Are you concerned about the security of your sensitive information and confidential data?
In today’s digital age, protecting customer data is more important than ever. This is where automated access to data comes into play. It is designed to safeguard information from unauthorized access. But it’s not just about security, automated access to data also has the power to enhance customer engagement and build trust.
In this article, we explore the crucial role of automated access to data for ensuring security while creating a seamless user experience that fosters loyalty and trust.
What is Automated Access to Data?
Automated access to data is similar to using an automated building/room entry system. Just like the entry system requires your identity and approval before opening the door; automated access to data first verifies the users’ identity, the reason why they want access to data, determines the necessary length of access time and removes access privileges once the specified period of time is finished; also known as just-in-time (JIT) access controls.
Automated access to data allows data to move quickly and easily among different teams creating time-to-value for projects while ensuring that access to data, especially sensitive data, is controlled. Once implemented, automated access to data provides multiple benefits including increased security and privacy, streamlined user experiences and reduced associated costs.
Automated vs. Manual Access to Data
Before we discuss how automated access to data enhances customer trust, let’s look at the differences between automated and manual access controls.
- Manual Access Control: Manual access control relies on data engineers or DevOps teams to manage authorization and manually grant and revoke access to data. Failing to revoke access can result in overwhelmed data engineering or DevOps teams taking the path of least resistance and giving users more permissions than they need, leading to increased risk. Manual controls are labor-intensive, especially when data is spread across databases, data warehouses or data lakes, riskier and more easily manipulated due to human error.
- Automated Access Control: Automated access controls are a more reliable data security solution that ensures greater productivity of DevOps and data engineering teams, increases security through JIT access and faster data flows between different teams.
Read more about Access Control: The Dementor of Data Engineering and the Benefits of a Consolidated Data Access Platform.
Enhancing Consumers Engagement & Trust With Automated Access to Data
Protecting Data Privacy
Automated access to data is a powerful tool for safeguarding sensitive information and enhancing data privacy. Controlling access to customer data ensures that users are not over privileged and prevents data breaches and other security incidents.
Using automated access to data customers can trust that their personal information is secure from unauthorized access. This builds trust, fosters long-term customer engagement, increases loyalty, and drives business growth. By investing in automated access to data and making it a core part of your data protection strategy, you can ensure your customers’ data is safe and secure while enhancing your reputation as a trusted and reliable business.
Improving the User Experience
Automated access to data can improve the user experience in a few key ways:
- Streamline the login process. Users can more quickly and easily access the resources they need without waiting for time-consuming manual access control mechanisms. Automating access leads to increased productivity and efficiency, as users spend less time waiting for access and more time on their productive projects. The quick and efficient login process also enhances the user experience by reducing frustrating wait times.
- Increased security and privacy. Controlling access to sensitive information safeguards customer data and ensures only authorized users have access. This can prevent data breaches and other security incidents.
- Greater data management transparency. Generating logs for auditing and reporting purposes, which can be used to track user activity and identify potential security risks. This improves visibility, allowing businesses to manage their data better and ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
Reducing Costs & Increasing Efficiency
Implementing automated access to data can help your organization save money, boost efficiency and increase productivity. By automating data access controls, the access control process no longer depends on manual data engineering and DevOps time and resources, allowing them to focus on other productive projects and lowering costs significantly.
Since the automated access controls run more quickly and reliably than manual ones, it eliminates delays while also limiting time-consuming errors. Employees and customers spend less time waiting for clearance, and more time maximizing productivity and the overall profitability of the business.
Enhance Customer Engagement & Trust With Satori
Some companies have already adopted automated access to data as a core component of their security strategy. Satori’s automated access to data allows businesses to secure customer data while also providing an improved user experience.
Below are a few real-world examples that highlight some of these benefits:
Wealthsimple has enhanced its customer engagement and trust by implementing Satori’s Data Security Platform.
Satori protects sensitive customer information and financial data while still allowing for growth and innovation. Implementation was fast and didn’t require any changes to the Amazon Redshift data warehouse or their BI solution—Periscope.
Wealthsimple can now query Amazon Redshift through Satori only using Periscope. Satori uses user context to trigger an access policy workflow, checks and categorizes data, applies dynamic masking rules to protect PII and financial data, and filters data based on user access privileges without impacting user experience. This creates a seamless, secure experience for users that helps build trust in Wealthsimple’s processes.
Innovaccer was able to provide reporting about employee access to customer data by utilizing Satori’s Data Security Platform.
With Satori, Innovaccer gained the ability to control access to patient data and apply dynamic masking rules to protect sensitive information such as PII and PHI. This allowed the company to continue working with its favorite BI and analytics platforms without any extra training or changes to their queries.
Satori’s platform also provided Innovaccer with a comprehensive audit trail and reporting for privacy, security, and compliance. This made it easy for the privacy, security, and compliance teams to monitor access to sensitive data and enhanced customer trust by taking control of who had access to sensitive data.
Give Your Customers the Experience (and Security) They Deserve
Implementing automated access to data is essential for any business that wants to keep its customer data secure. Automated access to data provides increased security and privacy, reduces costs and increases efficiency, enhances customer engagement and trust, and improves the overall user experience.
You can give your customers the experience they deserve with Satori’s secure and reliable data security platform.
Book a demo and see how Satori’s automated access controls can help enhance your customers’ engagement and trust.